Friday, July 27, 2007

Bubbie's Puppy

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why. ~Author Unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive. ~Gilda Radner

This Is Bubbie's Puppy

I've always liked dogs...not necessarily loved them but there have been exceptions. This is one and he adopted me. Given the timing, his need for a home and the fact that he was so cute and soft and furry, what choice was there?


It was shortly after my MS diagnosis, I was home and unable to work, my nest was empty, and my children were out on their own, when my friend turned to me and announced "you need a dog!"


This is the one she had in mind. He had been found wandering near some warehouses, dirty, cold and hungry. We needed each other.


Turns out he is either a Pekenese or a Tibetan Spaniel or some combination of both. He's a great companion to me, and loyal. He has decided that it is his sole mission in his doggy life to be at my heels 24/7 and to protect me from ALL others. He has an attitude and the mere mention of his name has invoked fear from all those he has deemed unworthy. THIS can be a problem, and we're working on it.



What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog.- Mark Twain






I encourage people to adopt a pet. There are so many animals seeking homes in our local shelters. Find the Humane Society in your area.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Followers

awards

awards