Sunday, August 26, 2007

What's your hat?





I remember an episode of I Love Lucy were Lucy is upset about something. It was always something. All it took to cheer her up was buying a new hat.




I don't wear hats.




I've been thinking about it. What are the equivalents to my "hats"?



I bought myself a present recently. It wasn't my intention at first. I actually found myself talking myself into the purchase. It wasn't necessary. I didn't need it. It wasn't in my budget. That wasn't what I came here for.




Who was I kidding? I went to the greenhouse to buy potting supplies. I had a large orchid that needed re-potting. It was on my list to do for the weekend. Was it possible to walk through the aisles of beautiful blooming plants and not want one? I had to look at all the ones that were different than the one's I owned. Different size blooms, different color combinations, and the scents!
I spotted one. A little pricey I thought, so I walked around a little more, always coming back to that one. A hybrid cattleya.




It's mine now. I took great pleasure in potting it and giving it a suitable place to live amongst the others.



If you are interested this is my favorite place for buying plants. Tropiflora. I live close enough to go there, but they have a great online store and a fun read in owner Dennis', Cargo Report



I believe I have found one of my "Hats".



Do you have a "Hat"?

2 comments:

Merelyme said...

what a great post! you go girl! my "hat" would have to include three things: new music, chocolate, and books! thanks for reminding me...i think i will treat myself tonight!

Bubbie said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Chocolate! I think I'll join you.

Followers

awards

awards