Friday, September 21, 2007

Feel Gooood Friday!

Salsa!

It's Friday! I know it's hard sometimes to make the distinction, for those of us not working due to disability....But still, it's the end of the week. Put it behind us, and do something that feels goooood!

This is a VERY special recipe for salsa. Believe me, it's not just any salsa. It's Black Bean Mango Salsa and it is goood! It makes you feel good. Trust me, we sometimes call it the Root Chakra Salsa. You'll just have to try it out to see what that means.

The secret is not just in the list of ingredients. The secret is how you make it.

Here's what you need:

  • about 2 cups of cooked black beans
  • 1/2 onion finely chopped
  • about 2 cloves of garlic minced
  • cilantro, a handful chopped
  • a mango diced
  • 1 to 2 jalapenos chopped
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 4 tomatoes chopped
  • sea salt
  • black pepper (don't be stingy)

Ok, so how to prepare this dish. First you have to get in the mood. You have to impart good energy into what you are preparing. Feeeeeel it. It's warm and zesty! Listen to your favorite music...move around a little, get that energy into your hands while you are chopping and put all ingredients into a large bowl. Now massage the ingredients together. NO GLOVES! You have to feeeel it. It has to be made with intention. This is going to be a sensual gastronomical experience like no other. Remember I said, root chakra.

My very good friend, Ms.Goat Momma, gave me this recipe. It is a favorite of ours. The secret of course is in the preparation, she reminded me. To get the very best results she recommends not only not wearing gloves, but wearing nothing at all.

Get some tortilla chips and Bon Appetite! It will be a great weekend.


4 comments:

Sharon said...

Recipe sounds great. My husband is Spanish and said to get any great salsa you should never wear clothes while making it but watch what you touch after handling the hot peppers. Have a great weekend!
Sharon

Merelyme said...

oooh yummy! this sounds like great comfort food to me.

harkoo said...

I had salsa, southwestern cooking on my menu this weekend too. Wish I could have had a Corona with lime but it makes me sick now with my meds--damn! And I had to wear clothes all weekend as my 22 year old nephew lives with us--didn't want to shock the poor boy! So I never got the total experience.

Bubbie said...

see..everyone knows, you have to prepare Salsa NAKED!

Followers

awards

awards