Tuesday, September 11, 2007

In A Hand Basket

Friendly looking critter isn't it?
No...not a Chinese Hamster, it's a Sloth.
He's a rather slow moving mammal that lives up in the forest canopies of Central and South America. Apparently he only moves when it's necessary and has a very slow metabolism. Is that his fault??? Bad rap buddy...being named after one of the Seven Deadly Sins. "Deadly" as in YOU ARE GOING TO HELL!


Well, I never have believed in the fiery after-life dimension called hell. I vividly recall, as a young "innocent" there were many a good sister looming largely over me at Saint Anthony's reminding me that I was heading there in a hand basket. "Hell" for me then was having to spend my days in the dreary institutional-green rooms, learning Latin prayers phonetically while never being taught the translation. But I digress......



Back to HELL.
Hell is finding yourself feeling like hell and not knowing what if anything you can do about it. How about taking a handful of pills everyday and none of them are any fun.
Not being able to plan events into the future...flares don't occur on a schedule.
Spending all your time and money on physicians and meds.
Days flying by with nothing accomplished.
Feeling like you've let your friends and family down.


OK...pity party over.
Snap out of it! It's OK. Everyone goes there from time to time...That's life.
In the words of Rosanna Rosanna Danna, "It's Always Something!".

Back to the Sloth.
Look at him. He's smiling! Actually he looks like he's high. He's a sloth and happy to be one.
Apparently I too am "slothy". I didn't used to be, but with MS and medications, I don't move very fast. Motivation is pretty low too.
I took an online quiz about the 7 deadly sins. It's been confirmed...I'm "slothy" (new word). And since I don't believe I'm going to hell, I should just be "slothier" and wear a big goofy grin.




Greed:Medium
Gluttony:Medium
Wrath:Low
Sloth:High
Envy:Very Low
Lust:Very Low
Pride:Very Low



Take the Seven Deadly Sins Quiz

9 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Bubbie,
Alas, I too am slothy. Thanks for posting this link; I love triva quizzes and this site is ripe for the pickings. Re: pity parties, set a time limit like you would on a small child's birthday party....one to three, then come pick up your kids. one to three and pity be gone. Feel better soon,
Anne

BRAINCHEESE said...

LOL...I'm finally back like the nine-fingered bandit I was meant to be (no mockery of any typo's please!)

Alas...I am also SLOTH! Who knew?!? Well, er, I guess I did, that's who...LOL

Great post.

Linda D. in Seattle

mdmhvonpa said...

I was going to reply with a pithy and witty quip ... but ... whatever.


zzzZZZzzzz ....

Bubbie said...

mdm...I'm let down...deflated.
I live for your pithy/witty quips.
Snap out of it!

Bubbie said...

Ms.Cheese,
Good to see you, albeit with 9 out of ten fingers.

Bubbie said...

Ann, I usually very prompt about limiting the pity parties. Abhor whiners.
Have to admit though, this new med (Rebiff) is getting me down. I'm determined to give it time. We'll see.

Bubbie said...

This comment left to me by BCC ( http://www.blogger.com/profile/15323188240580782454) was rejected by my uncooperative mouse trigger finger by mistake. Her goes:

Hi Bubbie, my first visit to your blog and I’m busy so don’t have time to check it out well, but it looks like a cute blog at first sight. So you have MS do you? Well that sucks. I’m no expert on MS, it’s a confusing ailment, I’m not sure there is any such thing as an expert on it.

So all I can share with you is some of my observations into people that I know that have it, in as few words as I can. Some folks get it and just seem to get ‘involved’ in it and accept that they have it and seem to sort of give up. Others I know accept that they have it and brush it off as just something they have to deal with and are determined to not let it get them down.

No matter how they feel they stay active with interests and physical things. The more physical the better as it helps keeps the body toned and in shape. What I’m trying to say is that a lot of it is how the brain reacts to it. Those that stop doing physical things just seem to give up and end up in wheel chairs, were those that refuse to do that continue to be pretty active and have decent lives even though they may have bad days. But they refuse to let those bad days get them down. And they often die of something else other than the MS.

I know one lady that was in really bad shape, until she met a man that wouldn’t let her sit around feeling sorry for herself and started dragging her around doing things. Well, she admits that sex helped a lot also because she was getting that need fulfilled and it made her feel so much better about herself and life in general and she is doing pretty well these days and works with him and blah, blah, blah. I’m not saying that sex cures anything, but it sure helps cover over a lot of the problems, if a person likes sex that is. So a lot of it is in the brain.

Anyway, for what it is worth, that is about all I have to offer you in the line of advice. And it boils down to staying as physically as you can because it really will help. Oh, and tell your brain to go to hell because you are not going to let it get you down. I have a strange condition myself that the doctors cannot pinpoint, but I refuse to let it get me down, I ignore it and stay active. It may get me someday but I’m damn if I’ll just sit around and let it take me. As long as I’m active it isn’t on my mind so much and goes into the background where I don’t notice it so much. Sorry about the long comment. Hugs.

Bubbie said...

HI there BBC, sorry about the mis-rejection :)

I totally understand your point(s). I believe the mind reacts to what we feel and believe whether it be true or not. So choosing good thoughts and denial can go a long way...hey and sex aint bad either .

Kelly said...

Great blog Bubbie! Do what I do, revel in your sloth... I'm working on training my dogs to do the dishes. So far they've learned to "scrape" them... I have high hopes! (Of course between their "scraping" and my lack of enthusiasm for long doggie-walks their waistlines are screwed!)

Followers

awards

awards