Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Only Ten?

(Dare to Slack poster ripped from http://www.despair.com/viewall.html )



While not feeling very creative and nothing coming to mind to blog about we have this courtesy of MSshad at Living with Mutt and Jeff:



Ten on Tuesday - 10 Things You Keep Putting Off:





Organizing my studio

Get new painting projects started and stick with them

Balance my checkbook

Clean out the mystery Tupperware contents from my refrigerator

Give the monster pooch a bath


Organize my pantry


Weed through clothing and drop at Goodwill


Weed through bookcases and donate volumes to Goodwill


Organise photographs that have been lying in wait


Clean the bird cage







Wait! Only 10? Trust me...I could go on...




Procrastination has been more and more of a problem for me since MS. Lack of motivation could be misinterpreted as a sign of depression. I feel like it's more of a lack of energy, therefore I have to choose my priorities on which task is of more importance. So, what is more important? Hmmm? Well, when you have gotten so far behind on what needs to get done, and yet want to save energy to enjoy what you want to do instead, it can be a tough a call.




So:




*My studio is a mess




*I have yet to prep my next painting project




*My checkbook is hopeless




*There are very scary things in my refrigerator




*The dog smells like, well...a dog




*Sell and use by dates obviously mean nothing to me




*I have nothing to wear, yet my drawers and closet are full




* I have more books than bookcases




*I hope I remember who the pictures are of when I get around to filing them




*the hell with the birds




Maybe it just gets overwhelming sometimes. If I can just maintain equilibrium, stay just a hair below critical mass it will all be OK.




I found this interesting essay on Structured Procrastination written by John Perry in 1995.




I find it oddly comforting that I am not alone and that there will always be things that need to be done.




8 comments:

Joan said...

I finally found YOUR blog! I love this. - Joan

BRAINCHEESE said...

Should I be calling the Humane Society about that dog and birds or Adult Protective Services because you may be eating tainted food?!? LOL Wait!...someone's knocking at my door. I think it's the mental health police...

Guess we ALL have our "issues", eh?

Linda D. in Seattle

MsShad said...

Yes! Structured Procrastination - that's what it is!

mdmhvonpa said...

Wow ... perhaps Two Thousand on Tuesday ...

Have myelin? said...

I found your blog!

...and my kindred spirit. Hum.

Bubbie said...

JOan..thanks for stopping by. I enjoy reading your blog also.

Bubbie said...

Ms.Cheese: Neither the good people at APS or HS could possibly make it past my front door. No, not because of the clutter awaiting Goodwill, it's my dirty but passionatly protective pooch that keeps us free to be as dysfunctional as we wanna be.

Bubbie said...

Sherry: Glad to see you...love your postcards.

Followers

awards

awards