Monday, March 17, 2008

Amazing Weekend






I had the most relaxing, amazing weekend!


I feel so blessed to have such wonderful caring friends and supportive family. I was invited to join three gal pals to spend the weekend at a fabulous cottage on Boca Grande.


It could not have come at a better time. Last Monday I had called my doc's office to tell them that I was experiencing double vision (well one and a half vision). This came on the heels of my week of physically paying for my mulch-madness gardening faux pas. "Promptly", as usual, I received a call on Thursday afternoon from the nurse telling me the doctor wanted me to go get a MRI that night or Friday morning at the latest and then get myself to the hospital for the first day of a three day Solu drip. I informed her that I was feeling fine, (better than last week) seeing clearly (at least only one of everything) and that I had plans that didn't include being hooked up to an IV of steroids for three days.


So, I agreed to the MRI for crack of dawn on Friday morning and told her I would wait for the doc to read the results (that could be a week from now) and make decisions from there about meds or treatments.


Well, the weekend was wonderful. It was so restful that it felt like a week of bliss. I was surrounded by the company of good friends, amazing gardens, a beautiful beach, and staying in the lovely cottage home of a wonderfully generous couple that I haven't even personally met yet. Many thanks to all.


Sooooooo much better medicine than a three day drip!

5 comments:

Anne said...

Yep, definitely the best medicine!

BRAINCHEESE said...

Wait! Let me check...yep, still hating you for having such a WONDERFUL time at the beach and in the sand with friends!!! (OK, "hate" is a strong word...the actual one of the 7 sins I'm really referring to is "JEALOUSY"!!)

Beautiful pictures and glad to hear you cured your MS...at least for the weekend anyway...
**still jealous, what can I say?**

Linda D. in Seattle

Miss Chris said...

I'm so jealous!!! But good for you!!! :)

Shauna said...

What a glorious part of the world you inhabit. I'm looking it up on the net as a possible vacation spot.

S.

Bubbie said...

Anne:
Amen!

Ms.Cheese: I completely understand.LOL Don't worry it will be hell here in the tropics before long. I do pay my dues.

Shauna: I highly recommend it. Although NOT in the summer! Heat and 99%humidity takes it's toll.

Followers

awards

awards