Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Flamingos





No gardening for me today.
So I went with a friend to take reference pictures for future paintings. We went to the local tourist attraction and took pictures of all sorts of wildlife and tropical scenery. Today I will share the flamingos.
Their image has been plastered on every possible kitschy souvenir item imaginable. I have seen new and vintage ashtrays , jewelry, picture frames, refrigerator magnets all adorned by the not really pink, flamingo. ( Or maybe that's just my disturbed optic nerve talking)

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anne said...

You took these photos?

Gosh, you are not only a talented painter, but photographer too!

They are beautiful. I'm sure you will find a way to portray them on canvas that will be unique.

Anne

BRAINCHEESE said...

Yep, they are definitely MS ORANGE!! But great photos all the same...can't wait to see WHAT you plan to paint with them... (hint, hint)

Linda D. in Seattle

Bubbie said...

Anne: Yes I took about 200 pictures yesterday. I enjoy it. I'm going to stay put for a few days and get some drawn, I'm still hurting from my mulching party.

Bubbie said...

Ms.Cheese: yes they are more orange than pink. Maybe we should start a trend with that new MS standard...like the red hat ladies...only flamingo orange with feathers and all. We'll look smashing.

BRAINCHEESE said...

So, how many hundreds would it set me back to GET you to paint me one of these most elegant of ORANGE birds? I'm kinda serious here...my walls are bare and I need some "beauty" in my life these days. I certainly can't afford museum prices, but I DO have a tiny bit of cash flow...(hint hint)

Linda D. in Seattle

Followers

awards

awards