Thursday, March 6, 2008

More Birds








Not all of our birds are pink.




The white peacock was just strolling in the shade.This snowy egret posed for me while the great blue heron made a run for it. It was a beautiful day , very relaxing and enjoyable. I'm still hurting from my mulching madness, but now I have plenty of reference to amuse me while I recover.




I've been playing tourist in my home town. Funny how people who have lived their whole lives near a major attraction have never been there. I've known New Yorkers that had never been to the Statue of Liberty, and friends here in my town living within 10 miles of the gulf and haven't been to the beach in years.

8 comments:

e said...

Hi
You have a great blog!
Let me invite you and
everyone you want to:
eBambi
Present yourself
and meet your friends.
Join now:
http://www.ebambi.com

weeds said...

Wow, those birds are beautiful. Did you say peacock? I am interested to know, can those birds fly? Some friends of mine had some when I was a kid, they lived just down the street. And one day I woke up to find one of their peacocks in my neighbours tree! I assume it has to fly, or else I am making this up...

Please give me an indication of my sanity!

weeds

Anonymous said...

I stumbled across your blog and stopped when I saw birds! But then when I read your 'about me' and saw you have MS I had to comment. My brother was diagnosed several years ago, and when he couldn't find anyone doing REAL research on it, he began his own foundation to find the cause and cure. Please check out their website acceleratedcure.org
best wishes,
Asha

Bubbie said...

e: Thank you. I dropped by your bambi site just to make sure it was "wholesome" lol.

Bubbie said...

Weeds: Thanks for stopping by. I checked out your blog. Keep writing and developing those characters.
And the answer is YES, well sort of. You won't see a peacock taking off to soar anywhere, but I have seen them lift off high enough to get on fence rails or roost in tree limbs.

Bubbie said...

Asha: So glad you happened by to see my photographs. I went to www.acceleratedcure.org and was quite impressed, and honored that you were here on my humble blog. I've posted the link to the site on my sidebar and encourage everyone to check it out. There was more there than I could read through tonight, so I'll be back.

Callie said...

I love the egrets.....so pretty!

BRAINCHEESE said...

Great photos...and if it's any consolation, I've NEVER been to the Microsoft campus!

Linda D. in Seattle

Followers

awards

awards