Tuesday, April 22, 2008

spring jewels







I've been busy finishing up projects before I leave town. I'll be carting my crochet project with me. I haven't been able to sit and stitch as much. Seems that the repetitive motion , hand and arm positions aren't responding well to spastic muscles.

This was an assignment from the watercolor class I'm taking. It's a good lesson for me as I need to get more comfortable loosening up. It has a limited pallet and a cropped composition. It was fun.

Taking the class has been good for me in itself. They are a very nice group of people at the Art Center and I have an interesting instructor. It's been motivating and has created a momentum to make better use of my time at home.

All in all I'd say that it's proved to be good medicine for me.

7 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

Do things that make you happy ... you are in control.

BRAINCHEESE said...

Are you "crotch-eting" something for the new Bubbie Baby? Or still just working on that sweater you promised me? (don't remember making that promise, eh???)...

Best to you in your travels for the "blessed event"...oh, and your painting grows more and more astounding each day!

Linda D. in Seattle

Blinders Off said...

Thanks for stopping by Bubbie. Your art project does not look like you are a student; it looks more as if you are the teacher.

Speaking of crocheting, I am about to start a project. I have not crochet in years, but since school is out, I need something to do. A friend wants me to crochet a baby blanket and I told her I would as soon as classes were over for the semester. I hope I did not put my foot in my mouth when I agreed to make her one...it has been years :)

Miss Chris said...

I don't have an artistic bone in my body! I don't know how you do it...

wonlife said...

wow, beautiful watercolor! do you show these anywhere? you should!

Merelyme said...

i just love visiting your blog bubbie...you are always creating something beautiful. so glad you are doing well.

harkoo said...

Your work is so beautiful! I am happy it gives you so much pleasure. Thanks for sharing with us! Joyce

Followers

awards

awards