Friday, May 16, 2008

Grandchildren






An hour with your grandchildren can make you feel young again. Anything longer than that, and you start to age quickly. ~Gene Perret


This little munchkin spent the afternoon, the night and the next full day with me to give her parents some parentless vacation time. She's as cute as a button, very entertaining, and in the state of perpetual motion. (Terrible Two's are here)


Now I KNOW why I had my children when I was in my early 20's.


We colored the sidewalk with chalk designs, we colored giant sheets of paper and coloring book pages, we took walks, we played the piano, we looked at Bubbie's caged finches, we blew bubbles, we watered the flowers, we read books, played with old match-box cars, counted and sorted Bubbie's seashells,( I think that was all within the first 2 hours) had snacks, lunch, dinner, changed diapers, occasionally actually used the potty, and repeated the same activities over and over again. There was very little napping going on and we started again at 7 AM.


OK, I know...I'm old, BUT I'm not THAT old! By day two, I found myself desperate for Bubbie's Hubby to come home from work and relieve this old woman.
Yeah... I know, I'm not just old...I have MS, and just like after a marathon gardening or cleaning lapse of good judgement, I payed for having too much fun.

Ahhhh...but it's so worth it!

4 comments:

Sharon said...

What an awesome memory she will have forever. She is too cute.

Miss Chris said...

My mother has a saying that she uses when her grandchildren wear her out. "All those games you play with the little ones puts another jewel in your Grandma Crown." Your crown must be glowing.

BRAINCHEESE said...

Occasionally actually used the potty? WHOA! For a minute there, I thought you were talking about yourself...LOL OMG! I'm laughing so hard I may have to "occasionally actually use my own potty" shortly!!!!!

Linda D. in Seattle

mdmhvonpa said...

And here I am at 40 ... with twin 5yr olds. GHA! My mom was 20 as well ... she just laughs now.

Followers

awards

awards