Friday, June 27, 2008

Bubbie's cell phone to the rescue!

I have been hemming and hawing for years..."I don't need a damned cell phone!" Something stuck in my pocket at all times, being wired everywhere all the time. I hate when I see people eating at restaurants, shopping in stores, seemingly talking to themselves...always on those blasted phones. They never seem to be in the NOW, oblivious to the world and people around them, connected and lost all at the same time. My argument has been, "I have a land line with voice mail, a computer with email and instant messaging, what can't wait till I'm home?"

Well! With what was obviously Divine intervention, I NEEDED that damned phone in an emergency situation, less than 24 hours after I was activated. And it was Bubbie to the rescue!
The bad guy is in jail, the young lady is safe at my home for now, and I'm waiting for that Divinity to come swooping down again with something other than a cell phone to help me out with what to do next.

It's a somber/sticky situation.
My very best friend in the world was this gals Mom. She, a single mom, was sick for quite a long time and passed away at a very young age of cancer. Her daughter, (The damsel in distress) had just turned 18 at the time. I've known her since she was a little girl and indeed the young woman has problems that have never been addressed. Of course I promised my friend on her deathbed that I would do my best to watch out after her babe. And here we are.

Here's hoping the man behind the curtain has something more in his bag for me than that blasted cell phone.

5 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

It is a relief to hear that you use your newly found powers for good!

BRAINCHEESE said...

WOOT?!?! Super Cellular Bubbie to the rescue! Hehe...hope your cape has a cell phone pocket on it. LOL

Linda D. in Seattle

Merelyme said...

oh my goodness bubbie...that was divine intervention. i was reluctant to get a cell phone too. first got one when i decided to make a trip to see my sister by train alone. we barely use but...yes in case of an emergency...you definitely want to have it handy.

Joan said...

WOW! That is a little spooky...

Bubbie said...

to All: I agree...I AM using my powers for Good, My cape has no pockets, and it's too damned hot for a cape, and yes, I am a little spooked. I just know I am where I am supposed to be for a reason, cell phone and all.

Followers

awards

awards