Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Feel the LUV

Bubbie is Back


I was back in Ohio. It was an unplanned visit, kind of a throw some clean undies in a bag and pack your meds last minute trip.

I came home a calender day later than planned due to inclement weather.

The bright side is that I had never been to Nashville before. The dark side is that I never want to see Nashville again. Instead of being home in time for dinner, I dragged my sorry butt in the door at 3 am the next day.


I have learned some valuable lessons:

  1. Book direct fights
  2. If you are as stubborn as I about NOT owning a cell phone, have ten pounds of quarters. The few pay phones that are still in existence are few and far between and take 4 quarters for one call. By my calculations only 40% of them will take your money and complete your call.
  3. If you don't own a cell phone that has it's own address directory, and knowing that you have NO memory for numbers, ALWAYS keep your family's phone numbers handy.
  4. If you are addicted to nicotine, buy a patch. Many airports don't have assigned smoking sections, leaving you to either add to your homicidal fantasies while hoping they never reach critical mass or trek the long walk outside across the street from the baggage drop off area, only to trudge back inside and go through security all over again. (TSA agents and I were on a first name basis)
  5. There's no place like home.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Welcome home, "dorothy"!

BRAINCHEESE said...

I'm smiling...but I'm not sure it's APPROPRIATE given your circumstances?!? (*can't help it...smiling anyway*)

Glad you are HOME.

Linda D. in Seattle

Followers

awards

awards