Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Christmas in July



OMG!
Have you looked at the calender? It's almost August! Back to school shopping has begun. Soon you will see Halloween candy displayed on the store shelves, and before you know it, it's Christmas.

Every year, somewhere post Turkey Day I swear that I will get a jump on my holiday shopping "NEXT year", I swear it! Regardless of my good intentions, my memory is short. I end up scrambling for those perfect gifts that I thought of, searched for and then bookmarked months before often purchasing something entirely different at the last minute.


I also start to think about what I could realistically make for holiday presents. Please...something besides the frenzy of mixing and baking. I'm thinking of printing sets of note cards. I'll let you know if that pans out.


I make a point of buying things that you can't get in a big box store. I don't want to fuel the Asian economy. I like handmade items. I like to shop local farmers markets, ebay and etsy. I have found fun t-shirts and clothing items, handmade soaps, and these one of a kind birdhouses that are made by a very good, artiste friend of mine.
Take a look and see what you like. Maybe you'll be inspired to avoid the last minute holiday frenzy.


4 comments:

mdmhvonpa said...

The Mrs just got done with the Christmas Shopping ... for last year!

Denver Refashionista said...

I was thinking of making gifts too. It might be one of my Refahionista challenges this year.

Joan said...

I dread the winter holidays. Thanks for the warning that I need to start bracing myself for that energy draining season. I think I'll start by making a big pot of spiked wassail...

Bubbie said...

joan: I want some too!

Followers

awards

awards