Thursday, July 17, 2008

waterlilies


Waterlilies

I have still kept up with my promise to continue painting. I've had several events lately, besides MS that have sidetracked my efforts. Even so, I have several works in progress. This particular one was an experiment with painting oriental rice paper (masa) with watercolors.
Now that I know how the paints react, I'll be trying other subjects and styles.
If you look at my "galleria" you can see that I have been playing with many different styles of painting with watermedia. I hadn't painted in many years, and almost NEVER painted for the plain and simple sake of creating. I always had a commission, an art director or designer dictating what I was painting and what it was to look like. Yes...I was a prostitute, an art whore.
Well, now...thanks to my abundance of time, my inability to work and my monthly check from Social Security, I am free to explore all creative possibilities.
It's really quite daunting. It's one thing when you are pleasing someone else, another when the blank page is yours alone.
I am enjoying this journey of self discovery.

2 comments:

LISA EMRICH said...

Bubbie, that's really pretty. And it's so cool that you are free to create.

BRAINCHEESE said...

Your talent and your view of all things beautiful never cease to amaze me...such a gift you have!

Linda D. in Seattle

Followers

awards

awards