Saturday, August 2, 2008

August Blooms

Posted by Picasa

I needed some re-potting supplies and just had to go to my favorite orchid greenhouse. I knew before I went that I wasn't going to be able to leave without a new baby. I never can.

The white one is the one that HAD to come home with me. It's scent is so delicate and beautiful.

The one pictured in the center was my gift to myself last year. It's only the second time it's bloomed for me, and has two more clusters of buds waiting to follow.

I seem to be amassing quite a collection. It only seems to be really evident just how many I have when it's necessary to take them down if a tropical storm threatens to blow them and us away.

So far so good this year. We've been very fortunate.

Geeee...I wonder if I need to go back and get some more plant food?

5 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

Lovely

BRAINCHEESE said...

I have had plants dive off the nursery shelves and fall into my basket as I pass...well, at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Linda D. in Seattle

Miss Chris said...

I wish I had a green thumb....

have myelin said...

i love gardening. i'm determined to get a green thumb one day.

Weeble Girl said...

Bubbie,
I wanted to smell the screen the flowers looked so beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will add you to the ones I check on regularly.

I need to figure out how to have links over on the side. I imagine it's something incredibly easy.

Followers

awards

awards