Wednesday, October 15, 2008

next stop...




and...





The locations for the pictures in the last post were: Mount Mitchell State park, in North Carolina.
At over 6000 feet it had it's own weather system and I was unable to get any pictures that weren't totally in clouds.

The large red building in the valley is The Orchard at Alta Pass.
The picture was taken from the overlook on the Blue Ridge Parkway. You could hear the banjo music all through the valley.

Next stop was Blowing Rock. One of my favorite stops because of all of the fine galleries in town, also the best bisquit breakfasts I've had anywhere are at Holly's. I was happy to see that it was still there.

From this point on we had to be cautious about where we were going next, how far and when. There wasn't any gas to be found at the stations in western North Carolina. Just as well, it gave me more time to wander the shops.

3 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

Nice...

Merelyme said...

oh what stunning pictures...they are post card worthy. never been to blowing rock yet. i need to get out more and go places! how have you been? i am just trying now to catch up with my favorite bloggers...you being one of them!

BRAINCHEESE said...

I never thought I'd be saying this, but you've become a vacation whore, BUBBIE!

Linda D. in Seattle

Followers

awards

awards