Sunday, November 9, 2008

My God





I really wish my MS brain would allow me to remember the lyrics to this ditty. There have been so many times I have wished for these very words when confronted by friends, family and acquaintances who seem to stand "taller" , if you will, because...yes...they have THE answer, and it came to them from THE highest authority.


I have heard this on endless topics too! Recently some of those connected folks have made mention of such mandates that I should follow concerning:


  • My health ( Yes...if I had treated my body like the temple that it surely is I would not be afflicted or I must have sinned against Him /Her or If I only ate raw organic foods without faces I would surely be cleansed or maybe , I get it, I most likley have been praying to the wrong Him/Her)
  • My Politics. ( So, if my guy won and God's on your guy's side that must mean...OMG! Where's that handbag? We're on our way...should be a helluva ride!)

5 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

mandates, shmandates...

LISA EMRICH said...

AMEN!!!

Thanks Bubbie. I had not heard this song before, but it fits how I see things.

Jen said...

TOO Funny!

pUNKrOCKfairy said...

Awesome song. I'll never be able to remember the lyrics either. Shame, cause I'd love to sing in to my self-righteous, close-minded, bible-thumping stepfather.

Tracys Ramblings said...

You and I must be talking to the same people!
I get that all the time: You're not eating right, or not eating enough, or I should go to church.

If only that song was a little shorter, I would tattoo the lyrics on my arm or something and when these people started telling me what I should/shouldn't do I would just show them the tattoo.

Followers

awards

awards