Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sharing

I'm a generous person. I'll share my toys, time , a meal, ideas, inspiration, money (if I have any).
We were all taught to share. Remember Show-and-Tell?
What I have come to realize is how uncomfortable it is to share my burdens and fears, even to those who genuinely want to understand and be of help. The closest I come to sharing anything about my life with Multiple Sclerosis is in the pages of this blog. It's safer here, anonymous, and I'm preaching to the choir in a sense.
Nearly everyday I come in contact with someone who believes they know what having this disease means only to find out within moments that they haven't a clue. I understand...I had no idea before this became very personal. Even with all the information out there, it's information that only those effected by the disease is looking to understand.
Do I inform them? Not usually. I sometime feel as though I should if only to justify my actions or more likely my inaction's.
Also, I have an enormous problem with what I consider WHINING. On the flip side, the world doesn't need another long suffering, silent MARTYR. So when I was alerted by Google of this MS post from the NY TIMES I was moved by not necessarily by what these MS patients said, but that they said it. Honestly and openly. I understand them, but unfortunately, I'm a member of the choir.



http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/12/03/health/healthguide/TE_MULTIPLESCLEROSIS.html

3 comments:

Miss Chris said...

I know what you mean and completely agree.

BRAINCHEESE said...

Madam Bubbie,

As always, you are the air traffic controller of excellent MS landings! I never would have found the NY Times article on my own and I appreciate YOUR words of wisdom as well about the topic.

Rock on...

Linda D. in Seattle

Bubbie said...

Ms Cheese...you called me "madam"...lol. Just looked at your new feline icon.lmao

Followers

awards

awards