Monday, March 30, 2009

Melville , Karma and Big Ta-tas

'We can not live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men; and among those fibers, as sympathetic threads, our action run as causes, and they come back to us as effects'.
~ Herman Melville

This quote struck a chord with me recently. With my brain just a little too hazy to say what I feel succinctly, this quote followed by my rambling will have to do.

It's been less than 2 years since I began to Blog. I'm not sure what prompted my venture into cyber-sharing. I had been reading other MS Blogs, but I was reticent about being "revealing" or God forbid - "whiny".

Through blogging, I have felt less isolated. I don't live in a cave, but it is true..."you don't get MS unless you get MS". (You know, we look so damned good)
I have received and hopefully shared encouragement as well as personal experiences with the medical profession and the wild world of meds.
I have LMAO with many of you ( I find emotional lability to be a perk) as well as sharing the choice expletives about how this disease sucks.

Recently there has been a weird (even for me) twist in my symptoms/diagnosis/prognosis. For this reason, I haven't posted much and I haven't painted much. In fact I haven't done much of anything but shake my head and attempt to regain my psychological and physical footing. You could say that I am "working off Karma".
I was laughing and chatting with an old friend of mine this past weekend. We were discussing how I always hesitate to answer the question, "how are you doing?" I mean...really? How many people actually asking that question really want an honest answer?How many want an answer at all? If I answer, "Great!" They probably got the short response they were looking for in their attempt to be graciously concerned, but I on the other hand end up being a freakin' liar. Ahh, then there are those who subscribe to the principals of quantum mechanics. "you are what you think". I don't think , I know I feel like dog crap .
She retold a story to me of an enlightened master and his wife taking a trip on a train. His wife's purse was stolen on their journey. As he told it, his wife's purse was not stolen from her, she was relieved of her purse! It wasn't a tragedy, it was a blessing. She was working off Karma. LOL So my friends..how am I? I'm working off Karma! LOL

Even through this process, reading your posts helps keep me on more of an even keel. Sorry if I fail to leave a comment, just know that I do appreciate being a part of this community.

Despite the nearly 10,000 hits to this humble blog, the people (yes...REAL people) I have felt a connection to through our shared human experience have been in the minority of my page hitters. According to my page statistics most people come to my blog after searching for something less wholesome.

Although I adore the moniker given me by my grand daughter these are not the pages on which to find among the many synonyms: tits, hooters or big boobies. It didn't help matters much when I published a rant titled
Woman to Woman after reading an article/advertisement for designer vagina's.

Then there are those *shudder* that think I must be an eighty year old Jewish Grandma and they are still looking for ta-tas. What is the matter with you people?????

So for the record:

I am a grandma. twice.
I've been around only 50 years. I doubt I'll see 80.
I was raised Catholic
and...despite being a bad Catholic girl, you can't see my tits!

8 comments:

pUNKrOCKfairy said...

Poignant and hilarious, all in one post.

BRAINCHEESE said...

I'd have to agree with PKFairy! Even when you are allegedly rambling, you make perfect sense...either that or, we are BOTH in a leaky boat far from shore!

have myelin said...

I agree with both PF and BC. I stumble along all the blogs and quite often don't leave a comment although I want to. I learn something every day.

I don't feel like any of it is "whining", if so I'm the WHINER OF THE YEAR (wait...make that three years) so there.

I wasn't raised Catholic and I was a good girl but you can't see my tits either unless I want you to!

Marie said...

Well you're ahead of me in this department. I did an entire post about my ta ta's and I STILL didn't get anyone asking to see them! lol

Love your work. :)

Miss Chris said...

Nice post... and you have a great sense of humor. I was raised a good Catholic girl too... but I guess I didn't turn out that way. We won't go into the tits though lol

Denver Refashionista said...

I love tits but that is not what brought me to your blog (LOL).

I also love Melville.

Vicki said...

Ah, Bubbie. You disappoint me. All this time I keep expecting to see your . . well, you know. I'll show you mine if, . . never mind.

Your blog is lovely, your paintings are great. Your slide show is very impressive. Actually your rant or whiny is impressive, too.

Sorry you feel like crap. Hopefully this too shall pass. There is always hope. I share mine with you.

Herrad said...

Hi Bubie,

Great post seems there are alot of bad catholic girls around which is a hopeful sign.

Love,
Herrad

Followers

awards

awards